I just read an article talking about new advances toward better fuel efficiency. One of these was electronic valve timing. Basically the intake valve is digitally controlled to open and close. I have this bad habit of cringing whenever I see the word electronic in anything that is related to engines and car components. Why? Because they can mess up. When they mess up they cost a tit and an arm to replace.
Now they are talking about having cars that drive themselves. Who thought this was a good idea?? What the hell is the point of that?? Why not just hire a driver? Or ride the bus? Who doesn't think of Terminator when they see that? Or that story of Stephen King's where the cars take over the world! That shit is happening now! It scares me.
I know my imagination is that of a 7 year old boys, but I mean it really isn't that far fetched. To me at least. I have also noticed how expensive the electrical crap is. It is redonk. I have been told you can bypass these sensors, but what is the point? Why not just get an older car? They are way cooler. Who wants a car that makes fake engine noises? Yeah there is such thing.
Maybe I am just a cranky old lady.
No comments:
Post a Comment