Monday, October 1, 2012

The Suzuki Sidekick- My childhood

When I was in elementary school I remember the day when my mom went to go get the Suzuki Sidekick. It was love at first sight and I remember I liked the way it smelled. It is the only car I remember riding in other than my dad's Suzuki that he had. So many memories.

We lived on a mountain near Estes Park, Colorado. Every winter was an adventure getting down the hill. The Suzuki or Bessie, as my mom called her, was a trooper. She would get stuck, but not once did she ever give up. She also had a very good heater.

We would jam out to Duran Duran and Sheryl Crow. Even some Def Leopard. Totally kick ass cassette tape collection. As years went by Bessie got older and we started to refer to her as the booty wagon.

My uncle now owns her and she is used for mud riding. How I weep for that car. It is the time capsule to my many childhood thoughts on the way to and from school. Memories on wheels. I will always have a soft spot for Suzukis. I love you Bessie!

No comments:

Post a Comment