Monday, October 29, 2012

What it is like to be a grease monkey bride

My sweet wonderful Ethan proposed on the 20th of October. I cried and said yes of course. I have been wanting to marry him since our first date. Our wedding is going to be September the 14th of next year and I am already planning everything.

I also have to squeeze Oren into the picture as well. I still have to replace her cv axle,and her tires,as well as her shifter bushings. I was so close to being able to afford her tires, but then I found my dress. Oh,it is so beautiful. I had to snag it because it was an as is, first come,first serve. I had to think fast while I still had it on. "O-Ren will understand", I thought to myself as I gave the lady a $70 deposit. She will have to deal. I needed that dress,dammit! There are only two bridal shops in Meridian and one of them was closed. I had no choice!

I find myself pushing O-Ren on the sidelines right now. Instead of putting the normal 50 bucks in the piggy bank, I am putting in 20. She is going to have to be patient. It is just for a little while.

Do I feel bad? Hell no. This wedding is damn important and I have been wanting it for a while now. I love O-Ren, but I love Ethan waaay more. He is the peanut butter to my jelly. We are two geeks in an escape pod. This wedding has to be perfect.

I can find a way to balance the wedding and fixing O-Ren. It is going to work out. I am up for the challenge and when I do it successfully, I am going to write a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment