Wednesday, September 12, 2012

O-Ren: The story of my 92' Mazda MX3

I found my beautiful car for sale on craigslist for $500 dollars. The ad said it had a JDM swapped engine in it and all it needed was new head gaskets and shifter bushings. Me and my boyfriend knew it was fate.

Before I found her, I knew her name was going to be O-Ren because I am a huge fan of the Kill Bill movies and O-Ren Ishii is my favorite character.

When we brought her home we started working on her the next day. It is a shame what O-Ren has been through. She has little dings all on the sides, the throttle body was covered in oil, she has no battery, water was in the cylinders and her stock air box is a travesty. We fixed the head gaskets, got her a new battery, cleaned all the oil and got her started for a day or two.

Now she won't start again, but at least all the major work is done. Whatever is wrong with her has to do with either her disty or a sensor somewhere.

I almost forgot to mention her engine. She has a KF-ZE 2.0L V6 in her and I just love it. People tell me to swap it for the bigger KL for the MX3,but I just love this engine too much.

My boyfriend,Ethan, wants me to lower her. I tell him not O-Ren because she is going to be my exploring car and you can pick random roads with a lowered car. Here is a photo of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment